Vokera Excell 80SP. Pilot light yes, heating/hot water no.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice required please. My boiler displays a pilot light, but is not heating the rads or water. Normally, when I turn the hot top or thermometer, I can hear it fire up. At the moment, nothings happening, but the pilot light remains on. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Not too familar with the type of boiler but at my last home the vokera boiler i had needed a new diaphragm as it had a small puncture that caused no hot water or heating.

not much information here.....do you hear anything from the boiler when there is a demand?

Sponsored Links
Yes there's power to the boiler. I've was just had it working for 5 minutes. Heating and hot water came on. Pressure is fine. After about 5 minutes, i watched through the window and could see the boiler flames switching off, with the pilot remaining on, there was a clicking sound, the boiler flames came back on for a few seconds then turned off again. This kept repeating until it eventually switched itself off, with the pilot remaining on. I hope this is clearer, many thanks for your help.

ah great, the almighty intermittant fault.

i think your best course of action is to get someone reliable to look at the boiler. it doesnt sound like its going to be easy to diagnose over the interweb and i would have reservations about you personally repairing the fault if we did find it.

Yes there's power to the boiler. I've was just had it working for 5 minutes. Heating and hot water came on. Pressure is fine. After about 5 minutes, i watched through the window and could see the boiler flames switching off, with the pilot remaining on, there was a clicking sound, the boiler flames came back on for a few seconds then turned off again. This kept repeating until it eventually switched itself off, with the pilot remaining on. I hope this is clearer, many thanks for your help.

Hi,
Maybe you can help I seem to have the same problem.. When the system is cold my heating works fine, but after about 20 min.. the Fan sticks and I then have no hot water or heating..
Did you solve your problem?

System Vokera 80SP
When the system is cold my heating and HW works fine, but after about 20 min.. the Fan sticks and the boiler refuses to heat up, even tho the pilot light is still on, from then I then have no hot water or heating..

I am still getting 240V to the fan but all it does is humes..
Is it as simple as the fan is bust.. or is it more complicated?
Steve

Above poster, both of you with broken boilers.

Get the boiler serviced. During the service certain components should be cleaned and lubed, adjustments/ setting checked, seals possibly replaced, and diaphragms may be replaced. Any broken airms can then be replaced. Hereon you will have a good working boiler again.

Strangely, I have not had an intermittent fault on this boiler

I agree Danny, I either get these failed or working, not intermittent.

Hally, if you are defo getting 240v at fan and it is not spinning then a new fan is needed.

I think these are a 2 speed fan, slow for pilot light, full for burner on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back