Shower Pump - where to get feeds from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope someone can help.
My instructions for the shower pump I have bought (salamander RSP50)say that I need a feed from the Hot and Cold tanks purely for the shower. I have read other instructions for other products that say that if you can\\\'t have a feed just for the shower then it should be the first Tee off the hot and cold feeds from the tanks.
Other thing is type of fitting into hot tank - mine comes vertically out of the top of the tank - what sort would that make it?.

Will I be ok to plumb the shower as the first Tee off the hot tank \\\'as is\\\' (the feed would then go on to all the other hot taps in the house) and off the cold tank?.

Cheers,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Will I be ok to plumb the shower as the first Tee off the hot tank
ALmost certainly NOT, but sometimes people get away with it, It depends exactly how you do it, on pipe lengths, flow rates etc.

Better is to use
1) Essex
2)Warix
3) Surrey flange

in that order of preference. 2 and 3 are the same, just different pipe orientations.

Essex is frightening, but simplest once you've done a few :LOL:

By the way 15mm feed pipes will be fine for a few metres, 22 is unlikely to be needed for a 50ft pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back