Garden shed foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone give me some advice on where to buy a decent shed.
Also what do i erect the shed on?? I have a concrete base but was told to get a few pallets to put under the shed/build shaed on to allow rain water flow underneath..
Is this suitable? And what else could i use?

Sponsored Links
Paving slabs will stand up better to the damp conditions under there.

It will be best if the wooden shed is raised off the damp surface. So the slabs should not stick out under the shed where they can collect rainwater.

Tommy walsh (Of groundforce) puts sheds and decking on concrete blocks.

as for where to get a shed try google, but you do get what you pay for

concrete base set above ground level with a fall on it. rainwater runs off and keeps it away from the ground. much firmer base, most shed manufacturers recomend that a well. Timber pallets etc will just rot.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
Tommy walsh (Of groundforce) puts sheds and decking on concrete blocks.

as for where to get a shed try google, but you do get what you pay for

any suggestions of decent websites or shed makes?

you pay for what you get. You can go on the web or go to the diy shops and get a paper thin walls/floor with plastic windows, or for a liitle more you can get decent sheds that will outlast them by years. Most local papers and the friday ad carry adverts for local or regional companies who make them.

Thermo said:
you pay for what you get. You can go on the web or go to the diy shops and get a paper thin walls/floor with plastic windows, or for a liitle more you can get decent sheds that will outlast them by years. Most local papers and the friday ad carry adverts for local or regional companies who make them.

Ok i went to a few of my local places but found there sheds to be a little on the light side so thought I'd stay clear

I've been looking on this site and seen a few sheds that would like for my workshop http://www.shedstore.co.uk

I've got around £600 - £800 to spent on a shed and would like something around the 12x10 ft size, I can add more strength to the inside when i insulate it fully at a later stage but want a good starting point on the shed

Well on that website the walton workshop fits your criteria and budget. But have you tried phone book/yellow pages/google for any local suppliers? Buying online means you can't see what quality you're getting and it won't be very easy to return it!

waltons ones tend to fall in the pants category i was talking about.

Don't most shed have pressure treated slats of wood that suspend the shed floor off the base?

jackpot said:
Also what do i erect the shed on?? I have a concrete base but was told to get a few pallets to put under the shed/build shaed on to allow rain water flow underneath..
Is this suitable? And what else could i use?
Done one a couple of week ago, I use engineer bricks in 4 section with dpc on top then the shed on top, just my idea instead of tiimber bearers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back