dishwasher not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there just registered!! I have a 3 year old Ignis (Whirlpool)ADL347 MODEL,approx 6 months ago had to have new pump fitted,just recently the water is not getting hot through the cycle,hence not washing properly or drying,any help would be apprieciated.
Regards
Paul
p.s.tried unplugging etc.

Sponsored Links
If it's going all the way through the cycle and not throwing up an error code then it's likely to be a problem with the pcb.
Very remote chance of a faulty NTC.
Parts are not cheap for these appliances, may be prudent to get Whirlpool in. Problem with the pcb could just be software corruption and Whirlpool engineers carry a handheld device to rewrite the software.
To be honest, accurate remote diagnosis on this one is near impossible.

Many thanks for prompt reply Sleepyhead,will have to get Whirlpool in then.
Regards
Paul : :cry:

Sorry I can't be more definite for you.
If the heater was faulty it should give an error code of the start light flashing 3 times. I've never come across a faulty heater and no error code.
Faulty NTC should flash once ever second, have come across a faulty NTC and no error code twice. Several times have rewritten software to pcb and cured problem. Also have had to replace numerous pcbs due to same problem.
Might be worth having a look at the pcb first, see if there's any burning on it. Might narrow the search for the problem that way.

Sponsored Links
Thanks once again!! no error lights flashing will see if I can check the pcb located in front panel?fully intergrated machine also can you give a approx cost for whirlpool new pcb?worth it new machine?Sorry to be a pain!!! :rolleyes:
Regards
Paul

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi pcb looks ok cannot see any problem.
Cheers
Paul

Without looking up your machine I think your pcb is in the door.
Label the plugs and the plastic case where they go (or number them) as the pcb is in a plastic case which needs to be removed.
There are two circular shaped clips that hold the unit in place. Lift these slightly (without breaking them) and slide the unit out. Remove the pcb from the case and see if there's any burning. You might get lucky and find that you can repair the board by resoldering.
Be very careful, once the panels are opened up the edges are like razor blades.

Many thanks,time to call Whirlpool me thinks.Nice to have someone to share info though.
Regards
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back