hair dye problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i got some brown hair dye on my VERY expensive terracotta rug and i cant shift the stuff! Having been there 5 minutes before i noticed it, it stained quickly. Washing up liquid just aint doin it.

Sponsored Links
daniellelouise said:
i got some brown hair dye on my VERY expensive terracotta rug and i cant shift the stuff! Having been there 5 minutes before i noticed it, it stained quickly. Washing up liquid just aint doin it.

You need something that dissolves hair dye but not rug dye! A tall order. Experiment on something else but maybe creme peroxide could be worth a try? I dye my wife's hair and any stray dye tends tto become permanent :(

Sponsored Links
Dont hold out much hope to getting this out - I remember when i was hairdressing - my clothes were covered in tint that never ever budged no matter what i tried

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back