2 gang 2 way lighting, in a roundabout way...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have 1 gang 2 way to a single light. We are installing 5 downlighters instead, and I want them to switch in a set of 3 and a set of 2. We should therefore change to 2 gang 2 way circuit. However... We can't trace the cabling between the switches and the lighting point (lath & plaster walls). This is a temporary fix until we gut and extend the house in a couple of year's time. We know that the switches work the light. Full stop.

What we have done is install a junction box from the lighting point backwards if you like, and split it into 2 routes - 1 to the 3 light group, 1 to the 2 group, isolating this with a switch. Not working though. All 5 lights work, but it trips when the isolating switch is flicked.
Anyone tell me why and how to sort it?
Many thanks...

Sponsored Links
There was someone on here a little while back who said they had a crystal ball but I can't remamber who :LOL: Sorry but you need to give more info. wire colours,cables, switches etc & if you cannot trace the cables, what chance do we have?

Hi - thanks for responding, but he's done it!

I won't even try to understand or explain how, but hubby seems happy!

thanks anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back