Floor painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
I have recently taken up the carpet in my bedroom with a view to painting the boards. All the boards are in good condition and I have sanded and filled where needed,
I want to use a Farrow and Ball floor paint which advises me to use an aluminium based primer/sealer.
Is this necessary or can I use a quick drying wood primer.
THANKS!

Sponsored Links
The aluminium sealer says only needed when going over bitumin or creosote. Neither of are on the boards.

Robson said:
The aluminium sealer says only needed when going over bitumin or creosote. Neither of are on the boards.

but you never said that in the first place, is there anything else you would like to say, or shall i guess again?

Sponsored Links
Thanks
Anyone else out there who might actually know the answer?

Porb to stop any knots bleeding through etc the finish coating !

Third_Eye said:

Yeh.....

You could do the same thing with knotting and give the boards a coat of acrylic primer undercoat..

But.....

If anything goes wrong and the floor paint starts to life Farrow and Ball wont want to know

Stick by what they say

prorbably
:confused:

And fellas...the word is P.R.O.B ably... :evil: ;)

Zampa said:
Third_Eye said:

Yeh.....

You could do the same thing with knotting and give the boards a coat of acrylic primer undercoat..

But.....

If anything goes wrong and the floor paint starts to life Farrow and Ball wont want to know

Stick by what they say

prorbably

And fellas...the word is P.R.O.B ably... :evil: ;)
Cheers for pionting out me mistake Zampa. A didny even notice it, hehe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back