hot radiators but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a gulf stream 2 combi-boiler and have been experiencing problems!! i have all of a sudden stop getting hot water but my readiators are boiling hot!!! the setting on the programmer are set to \\\'all day\\\' and the switch on the boiler is set to \\\'summer\\\' there seems to be 3 pumps for my system, one of them is making a strange noise!! this one has a label written on it saying \\\'DHW\\\' and it there are 3 speed settings on the pump, 1,2 and 3. The label on this particular pump says \\\'must be set to 3\\\'

the pipes right at the bottom of the tank lead out of the hot water tank to thie long little box, which an electrical wire is going into... the out on one of the pipes is labeled \\\'to taps\\\' and this is freezing.. there is another pipe from the main stop cock going into it.. and then there are another 2 pipes coming in from the tank which is boiling hot...

any idea??? thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Links
does this "little box" look like
p1758621_l.jpg

may be different colour

no! this little box.. is about 30 cms long and 15cm wide like a rectangle and it is made out of metal with 4 pipes going in/out of it... 2 on the far left and 2 on the far right...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back