metal garden shed condensation!!!

PEV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My son needs to store some large speakers from a professional sound system. As they are too large to keep in the house he has purchased a metal shed.(cheapest option)
BIG MISTAKE! condensation is dripping off the inside roof and down the sides and is's plain even before the speakers are stored this is not the enviroment for such sensitive electical items!
He has only limited money to try to solve the problem, can anyone please suggest how to insulate the shed.
I suppose a 'spray on' polystyrene type of treatment straight on to the metal would be ideal if such a solution exists. Hope you can help!
Thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
condensation occurs because of the inside warm air condensing on the cooled (by outside) wall

if inside and outside are the same temp you can not have condensation.

solution, drill some holes to let air flow through, how ever you may need to cover holes with angles plastic to stop rain from being blown in

breezer said:
condensation occurs because of the inside warm air condensing on the cooled (by outside) wall

if inside and outside are the same temp you can not have condensation.

solution, drill some holes to let air flow through, how ever you may need to cover holes with angles plastic to stop rain from being blown in

good lateral thinking from the breezer, but i think your theory is full of holes. :LOL:

try glueing polystyrene slabs to the metal with some sticks like s**t. don't use a solvent based adhesive, it will melt the polystyrene. it's up to you wether you use 1", 2" or 4", the thicker the better, but more expensive.

i am assuming your talking 5ft speakers disco !!!!!!

my suggestion would be stand them off the ground and to wrap a blanket round each one then cover quite tightly with a sheet of polythene

then check the next day for condensation[ warm room to cold ] inside the plastic
remove to air for a few hours if nessesery then recover

but in general its not an ideal place to store speakers possibly costing £600

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions
Pev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back