Help Wiring new Digital Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem in being able to wire in two new Room thermostats I purchased to replace the cheap dial version in my new built home. The problem is the current ones have three wires where the new ones seem to only require 2 ?

The Central heating system has two zones, one covering the ground floor and the other the upper levels, each controlled by a MYSON MRT1 room thermostats. There are 4 three wires as follows
Position 1 (L) Brown
Position2 , unused
Position 3 (?) Black with Brown Sleeve
Position 4 (N) Blue

The new thermostats i brought are HORTSMANN DRT2 with three terminals labelled, NO - COM - NC

I have tried a few variations and each time blow the 3amp fuse by the control panel, so I now wondering if DRT2 is suitable.

The central heating system is gas / radiators and the boiler is a gloworm hx30i . Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
use brown and black (with blue sleave) in com & NO

doesnt matter which way round

the blue, put it in a choc bloc, its not needed

breezer said:
use brown and black (with blue sleave) in com & NO

This should read "use brown and black (with brown sleave) in com & NO"

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you both, this makes sense as I was assuming that the (Blue) neutral was needed. Apologies for not searching the WIKI correctly Will do in future. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back