Tiling done , Worried after reading this forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a very small bathroom in a 10 yr old house with chipboard floors.

I have tiled the bathroom floor with 33x33cm tiles.

I have used B&Q flexible adhesive and grout for chipboard , T&G and plywood floors and to me it all seems fine. Its been down 1 week and seems good and strong.

But reading this forum I have become concerned that maybe I should have done more and that maybe it wont last.

Realistically what life expectancy will I get from this floor ?

Regards

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Depends on the traffic, you cant do anything now so just hope it lasts till you move.

They should ban the damn stuff!
On the bright side, you've got more chance of the tiles staying put than you would have had tiling onto floorboards, so that's one thing. It depends how much flex the floor had before you tiled it as to how long it will last. The first sign is hairline cracks in the grout.
You might be one of the lucky ones and they might never budge. But if I had to bet, I'd say you should start noticing failed adhesive in a couple of months.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back