Painting doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have several so called verneer doors in the council house I am staying in . They did have a kind of wooden pine like finish wich I did like .
My mums ex Partner had painted over them with a cheap common white gloss . I hate it with passion , I had spent two hours trying to get the gloss of just one side of a door with a heat gun it's very difficult this way .
Are there good products on the market for painting over this gloss ?
I wanted a pine or wood like colour for my contemporary stlye rooms
Or is there any other ideas or suggestions for these doors ?
I look forward to a reply

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Ive had a similar problem and i found for the hassle of trying to strip the paint and make the doors look good i ended up buying new. If you shop about you can get some really good quality solid wood doors for around £15 per door.

Not really a solution i know but hope this helps.

Dale

dizzlesizzle said:
Hi,

Ive had a similar problem and i found for the hassle of trying to strip the paint and make the doors look good i ended up buying new. If you shop about you can get some really good quality solid wood doors for around £15 per door.

Not really a solution i know but hope this helps.

Dale

I'd tend to agree, depending on how good you think the original doors are

If they aren't so hot, you may as well get new, by the time you pay for Nitromors and your own time...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back