Leaking Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I replaced the downstairs toilet a few months ago and it all went fine, then the wife decided she wanted to (please note the irony of she wanted to,,) replace the tiles a few weeks ago and that she would rather the toilet sit on top,,, bla bla bla,, so out came the toilet and down with the tiles all well and good.

Problem is that now I have re-plumbed the thing I have a really small leak from the water in pipe. I have replaced the fiber washer and have tightened the thing up as much as I dare but still a small drip every five seconds and it is driving me mad.

The water in is copper pipe and metal nut onto a plastic male end into the toilet, is there any hints anyone can give me before I drown myself in the bowl??

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Change the tap connector as it is probably not lined up with the new position.

Easiest way is to use a metal flexi hose :D

or tighten it some more :D should have an isolator valve on so if it does leak more then just turn it off their and, do as suggested above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back