HELP!! Silicone Sealant BODGED!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone - am new here but was after some advice so I hope somebody can help me!

I have just (tried) removed my old Bathroom edge sealant that the previous house owner had bodged so, my first question is, is there ANYTHING that I can spray onto the sealant that will make it 'shrink' or peel off really easy (apart from scraping it off!).

Next question is(!!!): I didn't use masking tape to 'mask off' the areas of tiles or bath that I didn't want to cover in silicone so, as a result, I have ended up with a minute layering of sealant on my tiles and on my shiny bath. I really would like to start again really. However, as mentioned before on previous thread, the bodger that installed my Bath in my house left about a metre gap (well, ok, a slight exaggeration!) between the wall tiling and the bath so, I am looking for the best thing possible to do the job really.

Thanks for all help received in advance!!!

Mark

Sponsored Links
Mark, this has been covered to death. You will find loads of info if you use the search facility.
Just type in "silicone" and "bath" and select to search the wall tiling forum - that'll give you most relevant posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back