WORCESTER COMBI 28i RSF NOT HEATING WATER OR C/H PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I really hope someone could help me here!
I think there could be a easy solution to this.
I have a worcester 28i RSF combi boiler Unit about a week ago my partner turned of the boiler for couple of days and since i turned it back on nothing is heating up no hot water or C/H is there anything i can do. I tried turning the electric on and off no joy. The pressure gauge was way down below 1 bar so i filled it up and the pressure reeached 2.5 bar but then the overflow outside started to drip so ive turned it back off.
I have checked the reset at the top of the boiler and i cant reset it, it seems to be stuck in not to sure if it was before or not.

Please help im freezing!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Well obviously you should regularly check the system pressure to ensure it does not fall below 1 Bar.

When refilling you should take care not to overpressurise as you have done.

Whilst you obviously think it could have a simple solution I cannot think of anything simple that may have happened.

Just possibly the pump may have seized?

You may have to call someone competent.

Tony

Agile,

Thank you for your reply, could you or anybody else explain how the reset button on the top works. I have never used this before and the first time i went reset it the button was stuck down what does this mean? Could this be the O/H thermastat that kicked? Does this reset start the ignition side for the burner or is there another ignition starter point?
It seems to me that this is a reset problem maybe a safety device as been activated when the pressure droped. Im just guessing at the moment hoping someone can see where i could have gone wrong.

Thanks for anymore help it is much appreciated!

Leigh

Sponsored Links
Its just a loose rod that pushes the reset button on a Klixon type of o/h stat.

They normally dont give any problem and I would deduce the o/h has not tripped.

After operating with no water it would be likely to trip !

As the o/h stat is inside the combustion chamber I cannot advise anything other than that it should only be opened by a competent person which is normally a CORGI.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back