baxi bermuda no pilot light boiler cuts out after a few seco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old central heating system (baxi Bermuda) The pilot light keeps going out.I follow the instructions.When the back boiler is switched on it starts for a few seconds then there is an audible click then everything goes off.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
There can be several causes but all of them are gas related and should be dealy with by a competent person who would normally be CORGI registered.

The problem is almost certainly because you have never had the boiler properly serviced!

Are you near Red Lane?

Tony

Agile said:
Are you near Red Lane?

Tony
Slightly off topic but how do you know Red Lane Agile ?-thats my hometown,I used to work for a servicing and maintenance company just off Red Lane.

Sponsored Links
Presumably the one that sells overpriced plumbing bits!!! I look after the boilers in the Mosque they have made in the massive old government building just to the south of there.

We cover Cov and Warickshire as well as north of the Thames.

I expect Transwal lives on or near that road behind Quickfit with the wine store and the estate with PTS and Plumb centre although I thought my friend Rahman owned most of the houses along there!

Tony

Agile said:
Presumably the one that sells overpriced plumbing bits!!! I look after the boilers in the Mosque they have made in the massive old government building just to the south of there.

We cover Cov and Warickshire as well as north of the Thames.

I expect Transwal lives on or near that road behind Quickfit with the wine store and the estate with PTS and Plumb centre although I thought my friend Rahman owned most of the houses along there!

Tony
No it was a building company but we had our own gas division with about fourteen engineers with some big contracts-Touchstone housing,focus housing and a couple of smaller ones. I reckon the place with the overpriced plumbing bits is probably Fryers,a small family run concern,been there for years,a bit pricey but they always have a lot of obscure bits in if you're stuck-if you travel on down red lane into swan lane to where the old cov city football ground used to be theres a big plumbing & heating suppliers there-Coventry plumbing supplies-very reasonable-and they will sell certain pipe by the metre to save buying a 25 metre roll.

Could be the firm that did a new condensing Ravenheat boiler with vertical flue for a Touchstone house in Oliver Street about 2005.

I never could work out how they put the vertical flue through the tiles just from the inside.

Although most Housing Ass work is appalling I could not fault that job at all. Totally perfect and neat and tidy and considerate while working on the job too. Two years on and that Ravenheat is still working fine.

A very well done job!

Tony

Yes I actually did a few services myself in Oliver street-the firm I worked for-Lak-Ler builders had a really good setup with a team of builders who would do all the voids work on the housing assoc. stock and then we gas guys would go in and do the re-comissions-we also did installs when required,they had a decent roofing team-and a couple of good electricians which all worked in very handy with the installation side. My old manager/foreman was a very decent guy and I still keep in touch -he's always trying to get me to take a job back there for him but I've moved on to sunny South West Wales,but he says there is always a job there for me if I need one which is nice to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back