To paint concrete slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like to paint concrete slabs brownish-yellow sort of colour. Could anyone advise a type/brand of paint to use and any tips on the process?

Any ideas most appreciated,

Alex

Sponsored Links
would it be rude of me to ask why you want to paint slabs? are these slabs outdoors?

Ask away...
They are outdoors and I just want to paint them for aesthetical purpose.
Yeah I know, I could find something better to occupy myself :)

any amount or traffic or weather is going to have a detrimental effect to the paint, probably sooner than you think.
it will look tatty in no time.

and, because painting slabs is pretty much irreversible, then you have an on going maintenance problem you never had before.

Sponsored Links
I suppose you're right... Thanks anyway, usually it's my wife who tells me my ideas are daft :)

Thanks, looks great. Not sure about the colours though...

What happens when you mix red with green? (just kidding)

If you want to give the slabs a lift try cleaning them with some brick cleaner. I had some old grey slabs, well black and green really, cleaned them up with brick cleaner now they look really good. :!: :idea:

Well, they look not so bad now that I think about it. I re-paved the path turning the slabs over, and the other side looks remarkably clean and free of mold.
So I think I'll abandon the painting idea altogether. Thanks for everyone's input!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back