Heating World Grandee Condensing Combi Oil Boiler New

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed boiler myself and had comissioned by Oftec Reg. Engineer Worked ok except patent "Flue Diverter Valve" stopped working. I visited Heating World and they admitted they had a problem with the design of the valve and gave me another one (to fit myself!). New one packed up after about a week. Boiler smells come into room - smelled very slightly at first - thought it was because it was new. But now definite smell of fumes -quite bad. Air intake got frozen twice during recent snow - It is fitted in a sheltered place and complies with the regs. Air intake and flue are separate (not co-axial) so the flue does not keep the air intake warm. Flue and intake pipes are plastic. Intake faces sideways - so snow can blow in. I'm waiting to hear from Graham's who sold me the boiler. This is a very new model (mine is boiler number 68 or thereabouts). Any body got comments on Heating World Oil Boilers? :confused: So no comments then.

Sponsored Links
"that'll learn ya" to get a condensing oil boiler :D

:cry: i can safely say i have not worked on ,or seen an oil condensing oil boiler in real life ( yep , kev.i mean when im sober ... :D )

ive seen a worcester greenstar at .....worcesters funnily enough . but thats it.

so , ill keep an eye on the answers to this one :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

homer0364de.gif

Sponsored Links
I expect that there should be a downward facing elbow and about 100 mm of tube on the air intake to reduce any tendancy for the intake to block with snow.

I am surprised the Mi did not tell you to do that!

Please fit one and report back with the improvement.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back