How long to tile a roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - can anyone give me an idea of how long it would take a competent roofer to retile a roof with approx 800 clay tiles, it's a basic two up two down victorian terrace.

Sponsored Links
depends what is in the way, how easy it is or not

suppose i said 2 days and it took 4 ?

then youd be a mug for accepting someone doing it on a daywork price :D

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't take long to just 'tile' the roof. A decent roofer possibly 1-2 days - Weather permitting! And like woody said, Day rate or price work can all come into the equation.

Thermo said:

"Well guv'ner, you can have someone rushing around bish-bosh-bash, trying to get the job finished on a price and then calling them back next week when it all leaks, or you can have someone (ie me) taking their time and doing the job right".

Convinced? :p

you can get a travellin one ...but youll have to wait until they`re back in your area for any waranty repairs :oops:

^woody^ said:
Thermo said:

"Well guv'ner, you can have someone rushing around bish-bosh-bash, trying to get the job finished on a price and then calling them back next week when it all leaks, or you can have someone (ie me) taking their time and doing the job right".

Convinced? :p

or you can have someone throw loads of tiles on while your in, then read the paper when your out and putting their feet up to double the length of the job and the cost!

cant win either way! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back