Hotpoint WF560 - leaking soap dispenser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had machine for over 1 year with no problems. Recently a carpet remnant was washed and ever since we occasionally get water leaking from the dispenser draw. Is it likely that the filter has become blocked so that the water does not dispense quickly enough and then occasionally leaks from the dispenser. I appreciate any advice with regard to cleaning out the filter (if this is the problem), as I have had the back off of the machine and there appears to be some heavy duty white plastic clips which are very difficult to remove. Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Remove the tub to pump sump hose at the tub end, you'll find a basket in there that will be full of fibres.

"there appears to be some heavy duty white plastic clips which are very difficult to remove." Do you mean (the heavy duty plastic clip) the clip around the sump hose at the tub end which seals the hose to the tub outlet.

Sponsored Links
I undone the metal jubilee clip on the black rubber "hose" connected to the tub and removed lots of carpet fibres. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Thanks very much for your help.

Regarding the heavy duty plastic clips - they are probably very difficult to remove as they should not be. They are located at the other end of the black rubber hose (ie away from the tub end).

Once again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back