BAXI 105 HE PRESSURE KEEPS FALLING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a baxi 105 he, 16 months old. i keep finding that the pressure keeps falling, about once a day. the neon for pump/low pressure flashes and the boiler needs resetting. i fill the system to 2 bar, it heats upto 3 (overflows) then drops untill it reaches 0 and cuts out. from filling to refilling is about 24hrs.
i have checked the radiators, i cant find a leak, the times this is happening i would be swimming if it was a leak.

Sponsored Links
Try filling to 0.5bar max, it'll work fine.

Replace expansion vessel

Sponsored Links
When you say it overflows do you mean discharge through the pressure relief valve ? expansion wessel req part no 5117185,or is water discharging through the condensate pipe ? secondary heat exchanger req part no: 5112388.

Call heateam thems the guys that will sort it out

installer came out today, said it was the blow off valve (pressure) would get a new one for £20 (£60 fitted) as its outside of warranty (12 month). hope this dose it .

Baxmax said:
When you say it overflows do you mean discharge through the pressure relief valve ? expansion wessel req part no 5117185

This is more likely to .... 'dose it'

The PRV is leaking due to pressure increases above 3 bar, unless your system is filthy and has contaminated the PRV.

Hi
Had this same problem about a year ago. Turns out that I have too many radiators/too large a system for the internal expansion vessel to cope with. Get a supplementary expansion vessel and tee this off the system somewhere conveniently discrete. Then replace the PRV as this is probably no good. Refill with inhibitor and then set the system up to 0.5-1.0 bar max when cold. Should sort you out
Dunk

Hi
Had this same problem about a year ago. Turns out that I have too many radiators/too large a system for the internal expansion vessel to cope with. Get a supplementary expansion vessel and tee this off the system somewhere conveniently discrete. Then replace the PRV as this is probably no good. Refill with inhibitor and then set the system up to 0.5-1.0 bar max when cold. Should sort you out
Dunk

can anyone tell me how to refill the baxi 105? Its pressure is at zero, i have three keys underneath but nothing happens if i turn any of them, the heatingis fine, the water is hot, but no pressure. Any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back