Help with connections of Hotpoint On/Off switch please

Lav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hoping someone can provide some advice on a problem with the above appliance.

Basically machine will not now commence any cycle (door locked indicator light does not illuminate). Prior to this point, machine would, at various times, take in water during the drying cycle, skip past the spin cycle in some cycles or get stuck at a point in the rinse cycle of some washes so that it would take almost 2 hours to complete a wash.

Suspect a programmer or timer issue but grateful for advice and a possible indication for replacement part(s)

Sponsored Links
Probably the door switch, part No. 1602390. This tends to go short circuit and burn out a copper strip on the circuit board which can be repaired by soldering in a wire link. Less common but possible is a faulty On/Off switch.
Also check the filter trap in the sump hose.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Fido

I used a phase tester on the on/off switch and it seems to be getting power so the door switch seems the more likely culprit.

Can you advise of stockists and a price for getting one ?

Many thanks again

Andy

Cheers Fido

Bought it - many thanks for the advice and the pointer.

Please continue with this post.

Do not start new posts for the same problem. I have removed your other posts.

Ok,

Thanks for the steer Moderator (would have been more helpful though if you had copied my most recent post into this thread rather than just deleting it)

Latest position - Not the door interlock - tested the original part with a phase tester and all terminals caused the tester to light when the on/off switch was engaged.

Replaced, as a precaution, with brand new part (thanks again Fido - worth a try for less than £4) but still no joy.

Machine is still as was last Friday - will not commence any part of the programme (door locked light does not illuminate to indicate start of cycle) so grateful for any other self test suggestions you can recommend - or am I looking at a professional call out)

Thanks for assistance and patience to date - much appreciated

Andy

Ok,

the latest - the interlock was fine but the sump filter was totally blocked, the on/off switch had a blown terminal (neutral wire) and a wire was disconnected from the drying unit.

Have a new on/off switch to install but because my father disconnected and removed it before I could note which wire went where, I need some advice as to which terminal each of the two live (brown) and neutral (blue) wires connects to so very, very grateful if someone could confirm before I create more flash bangs !!!!!

Thanks again for help

Andy

As far as I remember it switches from front to rear. You can check this using your meter.
Won't matter too much which side is which, live and neutral front to live and neutral rear. (Obviously both lives on same side and both neutrals on same side)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back