magnetic scale reducers - any recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I am looking at fitting a magnetic scale reducer to my incoming water, to service the whole house. We have very hard water here in Spain. It would be easiest to fit to the plastic pipework just past the meter as all house pipework is buried in the walls. I would prefer a magnetic reducer as it will be in the garden. Our pipe sizes are 25mm but i can always use reducers etc to connect to 22mm (i think).
Thanks for any recommendations, i am not sure what the electrolite scale reducers are like but would use whatever is best. :)

Sponsored Links
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif

??? kevplumb, i take it you aren't impressed with magnetic scale reducers?

Sponsored Links
Surely they must work a little bit. A person up our road has just told me he fitted a h2flow one a few weeks ago and they have had no scale visible in the kettle, no staining in the loo etc. They also feel as though the water is softer. Our kettle scaled up in a week, i fitted a ro system purely for drinking water as the water here tastes salty and the water from the fuente is sometimes a bit cloudy (probably when they have been crop spraying up the mountain!). The kettle no longer scales up as i use the drinking water to fill it but that doesnt help the ch/dhw etc

what would you suggest as an alternative? A descalcifidor is large and costs about 700/800 euros, and unless i chase out the house wall or dig up the terracing will sit in the garden near the meter inlet. :)

A few weeks? and are they running a control experiment to see if there's any difference or are they using the snake-oil method.If they work, I suggest you fit the spark king converter, rare earth magnets and go-faster stripes on your car. This should increase it's top speed, reduce its fuel consumption and improve the suspension by around 30%. Or maybe not.

Fit a silicon polyphosphate doser if you need something.

merlincat, they have been used in ponds for years, so have fixed magnets.

For ponds they claim to stop blanket weed,

For cars they claim to meke them more fuel efficiant

For water they claim to reduce lime scale.

They can't all be right / true

There is no independant verification they actualy do anything of use.

All i would suggest is if your neighbours have one then you buy the same as them, since you think it will work

merlincat said:
Surely they must work a little bit. A person up our road has just told me he fitted a h2flow one a few weeks ago and they have had no scale visible in the kettle, no staining in the loo etc. They also feel as though the water is softer. Our kettle scaled up in a week, i fitted a ro system purely for drinking water as the water here tastes salty and the water from the fuente is sometimes a bit cloudy (probably when they have been crop spraying up the mountain!). The kettle no longer scales up as i use the drinking water to fill it but that doesnt help the ch/dhw etc

so fit one then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back