Hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had to remove the hot water cylinder due to the fact of it leaking, i need to get another one obviously, looking on screwfix.co.uk theres direct, or indirect, how do i work out what one i require, as the current one does not say what type it is.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
i thought id post on here, as ive used the site for advice before. all i need to know is what one to get.( not necessarilygetting one from screwfix)

Sponsored Links
Details of existing system size of cylinder etc would help you get a bit of help. As not everyone has done the mind reading course

after some googiling im think its a indirect system, because there is a back boiler, as well as the immersion heater.

That sounds very likely!

Last time I looked in B&Q they were about £161 !!! Not long ago they were under £100 !

You need to find out if your system is fully pumped or gravity hot water.

You are meant to convert to a fully pumped system if fitting a new cylinder.

I am not even sure if the current cylinders are designed to work properly on an old gravity system. You must check that if you are leaving it as a gravity system.

Tony

im assuming as there is a pump:

Grundfos

UP5 15-50x18
model C No u610

that it is a pumped system?

its a y? type system i belive also

It may be pumped ! But is it FULLY pumped!

Few older BBUs are!

Do you have a 3-port motor valve ???

Tony

honeywell v4073a1039-7? thats my mid position valve same thing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back