Alpha 240/280 - behaving normally or not???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler (which was serviced in Oct 06) today has started to fire up every 5-10 minutes sometimes less. Have checked the pressure gauge and this seems fine. Checked and bled the radiators but all Ok there too. Am I being paranoid or is this not normal? If not normal what is likely to be wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Hope someone out there can help.

Cheers

C
:confused:

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you may have a faulty or stuck on DHW demand switch.

It needs to be electrically tested ! Can you do that safely?

Tony

It needs to be electrically tested ! Can you do that?

Tony

It needs to be electrically tested ! Can you do that safely?

Tony

Sponsored Links
You should have waited 5-10 minutes between posts, Tony!

Well so many posts seem to have been disappearing lately !!!

Thanks Tony

Sounds like a tricky job as I wouldn't know a DHW demand switch if it slapped me in the face! Will call in reinforcements. Any idea how much this type of job might cost?

We charge a fixed price diagnostic fee of £84 plus the cost of the part which might be about £24 but that includes a service as well.

Its theoretically a fairly simple job and you might get it done cheaper if someone will agree to come with the part just to fix it.

Be aware that it might not be this switch though! This is my best guess but its only based on the information you have provided.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back