Fan wiring diagram confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Greenwood AXS100T bathroom fan. I particularly bought this one as I wanted the fan to operate using a pullcord independently from the light (there is a window) but still have a timer to run on for a couple of minutes afterwards.

However the wiring diagram (see diagram bottom left http://www.greenwood.co.uk/data/bathroomfanswiringguides.pdf ) includes the light switch.

So, Either I have bought the wrong fan for the operation I want, in which case what does the pullcord do ?
Or, I have to ignore the wiring diagram and connect it differently, if so how ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
firstly, please check your links work before final posting.. you need to delete the ) at the end.. :oops:

next, just wire as per the diagram above the one you mention..

it has some of the same model numbers as the drawing below, and is for "pull cord only" operation..

I've no idea if it will run on using just the pull cord though..

The second diagram up will not run on using the timer. For the timer to work, you need a 'permanent' live feed to 'L', and a switched live feed to 'SL'

I would wire it as per the bottom left diagram, but omitting the light shown on the diagram, so the connections are:-
L----Isolator----Fuse----Switch----Fan L.
Switch----Fan SL.
N----Isolator----Fan N.

the diagram above the one he points to is correct..

it HAS a permanent live feed, and since it operates on an internal pullcord, there is no need for a switched live if used the way he describes. ( working independant of the lights so extract works on sunny days without the light on. )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back