Which bathroom paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Guys

I know a many asked question but could not seem to find my answer on search!

Whicg bathroom paint would you recommend? Just a magnolia finish is required.

Cheers all

:cool:

Sponsored Links
Yep..or oil based eggshell if your not botered by the smell for a couple of days..

Just dont use Kitchen and Bathroom paint!

Dulux Diamond Eggshell preferably but any other acrylic eggshell is fine. You can use Diamond matt if theres not too much condensation. Personally l dont use oil based paint on bathroom walls as it cant breathe.

Sponsored Links
I hope the diamond eggshell is a better product than diamond matt..dulux's white elephant

What dont you like about the Diamond Matt Zampa? I've used it a few times and its ok, the white is a nightmare to cover though but colours are ok.

I have used it once..only once and to be honest id never use or reccomend it.

I put it on over two areas...one painted with Leyland silk the other with Crown matt...

Cut in..started to roll an it was pulling off the paint I had cut in with..if I wasnt quck enough it also lifted the edges of the apint I had rolled too..

This happened on both areas..so it was nothing to do with incompatability of paint or surfaces.

Contacted dulux who said ...stock quote..."we have never heard of that happening" (shock! :rolleyes: )

The surface has a slight texture to it and the finsh has a far higher sheen level then standard matt

Since this has happened people at my local trade centre have said it has happended quite a few times to other decorators...and suggested the only way round it would be to cut in...allow to dry and then roll...which isnt practical or the way its done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back