Potterton Combi 80 mains problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a flat which has a potterton combi80 bioler. I am not sure of how old this boiler is as the previous owners did not leave any information for me, not even the maual. Does anyone know where I can get the user manual for this boiler?

I have been having problems with this boiler where it was making a loud clanking sound. I was told that this had something to do with the pump and so I looked at it and increased the pump pressure setting. Then all was fine until the next day the mains light does not come on and the boiler is off. I checked the wall socket fuse and this appears to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem?

Sponsored Links
rajiv said:
not sure of how old this boiler is
What's the serial number? White label above pump,on bottom of combustion box.
rajiv said:
user manual for this boiler?
Phone 08706060623 or http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/ Catalog » Potterton » Boiler » Combi » Combi 80 (GC No. 4739303) » User Instructions

rajiv said:
mains light does not come on
Check for 230v at boiler, check on board fuse, check mod board for physical damage (top l/h corner) check transformer.

Check for 230v at boiler, check on board fuse, check mod board for physical damage (top l/h corner) check transformer.

I have had a corgi registered engineer to service this boiler last week.
I have checked the fuse on the wall socket and this appears to be fine. As with the other suggestions above, surely the engineer who serviced the boiler would have checked the mod board and transformer. I checked the onboard fuse but was not sure how to see if it was faulty or not.
I am not near my boiler as I am at work and will look at all your suggestions when I get back home in the afternoon.

I had an engineer come and look at my central heating system and he advised that my boiler is going to pack in some time soon. Its a Potterton Combi 80 boiler. How much would a new boiler with installation set me back? The property has 4 radiators only.

Sponsored Links
This one engineer has replaced the diverter valve and then the pump. I was around when he opened the boiler. He also said that this boiler has been superseeded by the Puma range which was over 10 years ago and so the age might have affected this boiler.

JUst for me to know, how much would a new decent boiler cost including installation? just a rough figure would do. Thanks.

rajiv said:
He also said that this boiler has been superseeded by the Puma range.

Rubbish! This boiler was made up until 2002.

What's the serial number? White label above pump, on bottom of combustion box.

This will have the manufacturing date coded into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back