How Do I Replace A Waste Hose On Washing Machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well, I decided to try and remove the existing waste hose on my washing machine as it wasn't long enough and today have bought a new hose, but have no idea how to remove the old one and fit the new one :(.

I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me how to do it as I can't do any washing until the work has been done ;). Searched high and low on google but found absolutely no trace of advice :(.

The guy in the shop said something about a plate had to be removed. I don't really know what he means though. That plastic thing in the photo is extremely to remove with my fingers.

Cheers all.

Hose.jpg

Hose2.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't very clear. Were taken with a cheap mobile.

Sponsored Links
You have not posted make/model number of your washing machine but generally the waste hose fits directly onto the pump inside the machine with a watertight secure fitting.It is not the case were the hose unplugs from the rear of the machine. The best option would have been to buy an extension hose with a double male connector and just slot the extended hose to the original. I believe these are available in plumbers merchant outlets rather than a general hardware retailer,although there is a possibility that a large b&q hypermarket would stock these.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Machine is 'bosch '. Model number: 'WFL 2060'. Should just be a standard way of fitting the hose as the machine is only about 5 years old.

generally the waste hose fits directly onto the pump inside the machine with a watertight secure fitting.

Just don't know how to :(.

I don't want to pull the hose out incase it does any damage, but is that what I'm supposed to do? Just pull it out really hard? There is no other way of getting it out. And then I have a new one to slot in.

I'm replacing with (this is what it says on pack):

Outlet pump size: 22 - 29mm
Length: 2.5M
Fits most front loading automatics.

Doesn't come with any installation instructions so I imagine it is a very simple process of replacing the existing hose. 22mm end is just inserted into the socket after I pull the old hose out?

Please try and let me know asap before I send the hose back to the Willbond store.

Cheers!

Take the back off the machine and see where and how the hose has been fitted.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:

I took the back off which was a complete waste of time because that is only if the back of the drum needs servicing. However, I took the top off (I could see everything) and I saw how the hose is fitted.

There is a plastic hoselike housing and the actual waste hose is fit snugly (a little too snugly I think) into this. I see there is a black little tube which is the pump so no point messing with this. However, there doesn't apprear to be any simple method of removing the hose from inside as there are no screws or anything! It's just like a semi clear plastic tube which appears to have been welded together covering the end of the hose; no way of accessing the hose.

Do you know what a serviceman would do to remove it? All I can think of doing is yanking it out which I'm no way prepared to do as I really can't afford to break the machine. I'd never hear the end of it if that happens :oops:.

Thanks for advice so far guys. If it makes it easier, I can post up a pic of the housing, but I don't think it will help you. It's like the hose is the prisoner and the housing is the prison cell and no way to free the prisoner :(.

Obviously isn't meant to come free is he?

If anyone has any suggestions, tell me what you'd do on your machine or on a typical machine.

Tozzy said:
Sleepyhead said:

I took the back off which was a complete waste of time because that is only if the back of the drum needs servicing. However, I took the top off (I could see everything) and I saw how the hose is fitted.

The drum is serviced by removing the front of the machine, the rear panel gives access to the pulley, belt, motor and drain hose water trap.
There is a plastic hoselike housing and the actual waste hose is fit snugly (a little too snugly I think) into this. I see there is a black little tube which is the pump so no point messing with this. However, there doesn't apprear to be any simple method of removing the hose from inside as there are no screws or anything! It's just like a semi clear plastic tube which appears to have been welded together covering the end of the hose; no way of accessing the hose.

I think you're trying to describe the water trap where the drain hose is fixed to the bottom of it. The black little tube isn't a pump, you'll find the pump down the bottom.

Do you know what a serviceman would do to remove it? All I can think of doing is yanking it out which I'm no way prepared to do as I really can't afford to break the machine. I'd never hear the end of it if that happens :oops:.
Funnily enough I repair these machines and I'd release the water trap and bring the assembly out the rear of the machine to work on it. If you've got a drain hose with integral water trap then you've bought the wrong replacement hose.

Thanks for advice so far guys. If it makes it easier, I can post up a pic of the housing, but I don't think it will help you. It's like the hose is the prisoner and the housing is the prison cell and no way to free the prisoner :(.

Obviously isn't meant to come free is he?

If anyone has any suggestions, tell me what you'd do on your machine or on a typical machine.
An easier alternative was given to you in an earlier post, extend the existing hose externally.

I'd release the water trap and bring the assembly out the rear of the machine to work on it.

I can't think how you'd do that without cracking it open first.

Anyway, thanks for your help, but I've decided it's not worth the hassle as there is no information on the internet on how to actually do it. I'll take the hose back to the shop.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time :(.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back