Grey sludge on my washing!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last few months my washing machine has been leaving grey marks on my washing. I looked behind the rubber seel and there seems to be a build up of grey sludge. I have tried to do a hot wash to get rid of this but it has not helped. I dont know where it came from and can only think that it is a build up of soap powder maybe. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's a build up of body fats and soap.
One boil wash won't get rid, it's an accumulated build up and will require several maintenance washes to clean up.
Put one Aeriel tablet into the drum, no clothes, and set the machine going on a boil wash. Repeat this several times and once it's cleaned up continue doing a maintenance wash on a regular basis to keep the machine clean.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will set this into action tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back