Gas meter on flexible connections?

Quite a few of us corgis will now do earth bonding, but you'll not get a sparks to do gas connection.

At last we have true oneupmanship. Mind you it's cost me somat to be able to say that:

Part P course £881
5 days loss of earnings £1,000?
Travel £100
MFT £822
Napit examination and first year fee £587
Loss of earnings £400
Hotel and travel £150
C and G 2381 £587
Loss of earnings £400
Travel £50

Oh that's only £4,987 Well I didn't really want a new van.

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:
Quite a few of us corgis will now do earth bonding, but you'll not get a sparks to do gas connection.

At last we have true oneupmanship.

I agree. I'm Part P qualified but often still prefer to have sparks in. I do not take on any electric work on its own.

I've edited my post, have another look. But at least I can stand up man to man to any corgi inspector who wants to discuss the electrical part of my installation and tell him where to go!

But it does confirm that I am a fool, though a fairly well qualified one. anyone want me to chair their boiler manufacturing company or somthing? then I can have one of those nice big country houses with ground source heatpumps and such like on trial for the company.

Giz a job?

Sponsored Links
from your 'expense sheet' i take it you are qualifief to 'A' level. I only went to level 'B', done my course and exam in Norwich, registered with CORGI and inc Megger MFT only came to £1500 all in :eek: I am now considering whether to renew for this year or not. Can't make my mind up :confused:

I think I'm overqualified

BSC Econ
ICMA Part I
Dip HE Nurse
CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, HTR1, WAT1, CONGLP1LAV, CONGLP1PD, CONGLP1RPH, should have warm air in morning.
Unvented, Solar, Water regs.
Part P, CG 2381, Blue Flame Certificate (Napit's version of CG 2391)
Grade 6 on the Tennor Horn 5 on Trombone.

No, but my van keeps breaking down, £4,000 this year so far, and for obvious reasons I can't afford another.

And we get all these numpties with cosey offcie jobs on here thinking plumbing is a gold mine.

On the course I was on today (warm air) I know I'm a course junkey but there is now a man in scarborough who can service the many warm air appliances in old folks flats, blokes working for firms (in Hull) were on about how they have no work at all, are just sat in the yard a washing the van.

well paul , looks like youve now, with all those quals spurned the chance of fulfilling your childhood dream of being a cowboy. :( I though can still live that dream. :LOL:

I think I got Grade 6 on the piano! We should get together sometime!

Today I saw a gas meter with a steel pipe in the INLET and an anaconda on the OUTLET !!!

Shall I say anything on the LSC ? ( If so what? )

Tony

Hey Fitz were you also sitting in the bacl of class daydreaming about being the Virginian?

Of course the gas meters in the ground have an anaconda on the outlet but are fixed ussally iron piped on the inlet.

I've had to stop myself going and getting the homeinspectors energy efficiency audit cqualification. I need to go to a support group.

That meter was near the ceiling and now I think about it probably supported by the steel pipe!

Lead inlets cannot be left now and meter will be fitted on a jig..

So is this classed as ar i come across lead inlets on a regular basis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back