Hotpoint WF440 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Power light rapid blinking, Reduce Creases and Time Saver lamps slower blinking together. Machine does nothing.

Sponsored Links
:cry:

Ok this one has obviously flumoxed you all. I think the problem is the pump, it's making a humming noise but not apparantly pumping. Next question is how do you open the door? The CPU is keeping it locked as its full of water still. I've tipped it back 45° but the door is still staying locked. Any ideas...?

Turn the machine off and leave for 2-3 minutes and the LOCK mechanism will release. Make sure you tilt the machine back to prevent the load water ****ing out all over your kitchen.

Counting from the top (top light being 1) which lights are flashing?
Take the drain hose out of the standpipe or off the spigot and lower it into a basin, drain the water out of the machine then you'll be able to open the door without fear of flooding.

Sponsored Links
Thanks but I've solved the problem now (lamps were 2nd and 3rd from top). I removed pump from hose assembly and found a nice red elastic band wrapped around the prop (thanks Royal Mail). Just giving it a wash test now but don't anticipate any more problems. :D

Glad you sorted it. Sorry I missed your post earlier. If any other problems post the numbers of the flashing lights on the left hand side and I'll let you know what they mean.

:D
Thanks for the remedy Trap001, the same thing happened with mine. Found a kirby grip jammed in the pump in my case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back