Batten thickness / fixings for aquapanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, went to dig out the 'soft' mortar so I could prepare the wall for filling / skimming to tile on as per a reply to my previous post. Found that as I kept jabbing at the wall with a chisel, more and more mortaer kept coming off!. So now will be dry lining the walls!. Have bought aquapanel (Wickes are buy 3 get 1 free at the moment by the way), and it looks as though I will not be able to simply use adhesive to fit it (looking around on the forum) so I guess it will be battens.

Thing is, aquapanel screws are 40 odd mm long ut I want to keep the battens to minimum thickness. That means that the aquapanel screws may go through the battens into the brickwork. I guess fitting wallplugs into the brickwork will be useless as the screws wont go far enough in in order to get the plugs to 'bite'. Anybody have any ideas / advice.

Also, which side of the aquapanel do you tile on - the mesh side or smooth side?

Thanks for the info once again.....

Cheers,

Rob

Sponsored Links
aaargh,

Tile onto the smooth side - it has the printed text on it (got this from one of the numerous Knauf websites). Just finished refurbing my bathroom, using Aquapanel.

teddyk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back