Flat Roof Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a wimpey style home that has the flat roofs front and back. I am awaiting my builder to replace my flat roof but it seems I have a leak elsewhere also. My flat roof finishes approximately 1 foot away from the roof edge (Gable end) and I recently noticed a damp patch on the wall. After investigating in heavy rain there is water running down under the edge of the roof behind the soffits, could this be down to the flat roof leak? if not does anybody have any ideas. I have had another mate look at it and he says that all the lead is in place so is quite baffled himself. There is no sign of leaks in the house so dont know what kind of damage its doing. Please any assistance would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Cavity tray........lack of :cry: have a look round this forum ..loads of info on missing trays

Thanks Nige but according to my mate I dont have these in place anyway so any more comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
you don`t have these in place...........exactly...........they SHOULD be in place but most aren`t because they cost money to fit.............I did 8 years on a Housing Association maintenance team ...........most of the new build was lacking proper detailing and it showed up by water getting in where trays etc should have been :rolleyes: .........and that was 1980`s........nothing changes :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back