ford fiesta 2003 diesel injector seal replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My injectors are leaking compressed air (or similar, cant remember exact wording) apparently. Ford garage just quoted me £130 to replace parts nessecary. Is this fair?

forum rules duly noted.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Ouch!

The hardest part of the job is finding a socket that fits the injectors....... once you've done that and got 4 new copper washer (pennies each) then it's about an hours work

Sponsored Links
crafty, yours is a tdci is it not. you are supposed to replace the injector feed pipes on these when you disturb them. price might include these. i would hope so.

dave

davieboy

can you tell a bit more about changing the feed pipes, never heard that before,but haven't really touched a spanner for a while now, is it just another con, or do you know why, cheers

ch427 said:
are they leaking fuel or giving you poor running issues?
no but it sounds terrible. ss sss ss sss ss ss ss ss ss when running. quite embarrasing actually lol.

I'll ask them for a full breakdown of costs.

re the injector pipes. they are replaced as they don't always seal on reuse. the pressure involved in a common rail engine is something huge, so a good seal is important. plus the pipes are under constant pressure, not pulses like the old diesels. tbh, i rarely replace the pipes, but ford in their wisdom insist they are changed. also, any contamination in the fuel, however small can cause the injector to jam open, leading the engine to rev out of control, and blow up. not nice.

Sponsored Links
Back