Lights not working - no fusebox problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A light blew in our utility room and I replaced the bulb accordingly. Still no lights at all in this room - checked the fusebox and nothing had tripped.

There are now two roof lights not working (usually from the same switch) and the toilet light (different switch). Guessing that they are obviously on the same circuit - any ideas on whats wrong - greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
With the power switched off you will need to look in the ceiling rose for each light, I would suspect that there will be a loose connection on either the live or neutral that loops from one light to the next. If you cannot see an obviously loose wire, then you will need to be able to test for voltages, preferably with a multi-meter. I would suggest you start with the one closest to the consumer unit. Alternatively if there are only switched live & neutral in each ceiling rose you will need to find junction boxes or connectors in the switch boxes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back