Zinc Covered Domed Bay Roof window - water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone can help, I need to have a contractor paint some waterproof gunk on my edwardian zinc roof (viz water ingress into the bay window). I understand that either 'flexacryl' or 'cromapol' should do the job.

Does anyone have experience of either of these 2 products (or maybe a recommendation of another similar).

Roof got painted with bitumin a while ago but this has not sorted the problem.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You might consider looking for a roofer who can re-lead it.

If it has been leaking the wooden structure below is probably rotten and needs repairing too.

Or a plumber who can re zinc/ copper /ali it...looked for hen`s teeth lately :LOL: ..........check out the decorating forum ..lots of knowledge there re coatings aswell as paint ;)

thank you guys

Any thoughts on whether I arrange a repair with zinc (as original) or lead a JohnD suggested

Does the dome shape make the repair easier or more tricky.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Find the roofers who do St. Pauls.....your dome will be a nipple compared to that :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back