Problem raidiators - bubbling Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive used hammerite radiator paint on the bedroom radiator and now it has bubbled really badly! I want to rub it down and start again but i think ill end up with a really patchy radiator

Can i blow torch/paint strip it off? Do i need to put some kind of neutral undercoat on it before i paint it?

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
What EXACT name is the Hammerite Radiator Piant ?. What is the instructions on it ?. What type of radiator have you painted ?. Was the radiator already painted ?

And are to bubbles at the top?..it could be bause someone hasnt wiped the paste off it when wallpapering around it.

andy2306 said:
Ive used hammerite radiator paint on the bedroom radiator and now it has bubbled really badly! I want to rub it down and start again but i think ill end up with a really patchy radiator

Can i blow torch/paint strip it off? Do i need to put some kind of neutral undercoat on it before i paint it?

Thanks
Andy

You wont get it off with a torch unless you drain the radiator first ;)
Nitromorse is best to strip... But expensive depending on layers of paint.
Interesting to know if just the Hammerite has bubbled.
I would normally just rub down and wash and give one/ two coats of gloss only.. no undercoat ( but dont tell zampa :LOL:)
I changed a rad recently which was in a orrible state from yrs of undercoat and emulsion, worked out a lot cheaper than my time and materials... and easier.

Sponsored Links
I only undercoat them because im to lazy to rub em down! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back