fully integrated diplomat dishwashers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to buy kitchen units ,getting a diplomat dishwasher thrown in with the price (although overall price is not cheap)but can anyone tell me whether diplmat dishwashers are any good?

Sponsored Links
From a recent Which survey:

Dishwashers are pretty reliable, with 14 per cent up to six years old needing a repair on average.

Reliability ratings: Dishwashers
Manufacturer Overall reliability
Bosch (1606) 93%
Neff (266) 93%
Siemens (168) 93%
Miele (279) 90%
Whirlpool (205) 87%
AEG / AEG-Electrolux (189) 84%
Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux (237) 84%
Diplomat / Hygena (98 ) 81%
Hotpoint (338) 81%
Indesit (184) 81%
Smeg (55) 81%

Sample size in brackets. Total sample: 4,163 owners

Diplomat is not an appliance manufacturer so you don't actually know what you are buying. Appliances are sourced from various manufacturers and badged diplomat. I repaired one such integrated washing machine this week which was actually a Servis. Personally I consider integrated appliances to be a bad idea but you are OK as long as they never go wrong. ;)

Diplomat dishwashers are made by various manufacturers. I know they were using Haier (chinese rubbish) but I believe they've gone back to Whirlpool. If you can get the model number off it and if there are two 12 digit numbers, first one should begin 85, post them here and we'll try to identify the actual manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all , for the info . I take possession of it next friday so i shall sift the number of it once i get it to establish what make it is, and if its alright with you "sleepyhead" i shall put it on here probably saturday.
cheers All .
Mossie.

No problem with that Mossie. I'll try and remember to keep a look out for your posting. :)

If you're getting it from MFI it will be a Whirlpool one, we have a "Diplomat" integrated dishwasher, our neighbours have the Whirlpool from Ikea and they are identicle - no probs with ours so far but it's only 6 months old!!

yes it is mfi units ,so possibly whirlpool dishwasher?
cheers for the info
Mossie.

I reckon, like I say ours is a Diplomat from MFI and is identicle to the Whirlpool our neighbours have!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back