Bosch 1200 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. We have a 3 year old Bosch which goes through a wash OK, counts down to 1 min, then seems to keep washing for about 30/40 more minutes. Only then does it move on to rinse and spin as normal. It's also tripping the circuit breaker (earth leak I guess). Any clues? V grateful for help.

Sponsored Links
heater?

since its the only electric part that gets wet (that is supposed to get wet)

mickeyfinn said:
Hi all. We have a 3 year old Bosch which goes through a wash OK, counts down to 1 min, then seems to keep washing for about 30/40 more minutes. Only then does it move on to rinse and spin as normal. It's also tripping the circuit breaker (earth leak I guess). Any clues? V grateful for help.
We have the same issue, started last week, except no tripping . . when it hits 1 min we switch it off for about 30 secs and then switch to 'Rinse' which does a rinse & spin. Must be a common enough fault, love to hear a fix as otherwise it has been a workhorse.

Sponsored Links
remove rear panel and heater is down the bottom of the drum,some boschs have heaters at the front at the bottom you are looking for 3 wires and a 10 mmm nut in the middle pull off wires and undo nut and pull, buy the heater first cost about 20 quid try flea bay .ten min job

Hi,
Is there a way of proving/testing for this fault, and did new heater solve the problem for the earlier posts please?
How difficult is it to fit, and do I need to break the "water seal" please?
Reasonably competent, changed brushes etc, but would feel better with online help, vid links for heater etc.....
Many thanks for any help.
:?:

Test with a meter should be 25 ish ohms. Water seal not heard of that one. Plenty of vids on utube

Many thanks for all your help.
Will get resistance checked tomorrow, and consider replacement.
Found vids on e-spares etc.
Found quote for element too.
Will let you know how I go on.

Hmmmmmm.
Element resistance is 25 ohms, I've checked. BUT on one of the terminals, the plastic clip is covered in black charred molten something or other....
I've taken the element out anyway, and it looks reasonably OK, but I've followed the wire from the charred terminal to the power supply unit, at the top, back of the machine. The wires at the power supply unit are also covered in a black dust/covering (saying that, so is a lot of other parts inside).
Could it still be the element?
Or is there anything else I could test?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

At last - a resolution:
Took element to local domestic spares shop, about to buy a new element, and shop chap tested my old one. he said it was fine, but burnt on crud on one terminal was probably stopping the circuit.. So I bought some new cable connectors for £2.
Fitted new cable connector, and thoroughly filed off old burnt crud from element terminal. Re-checked element, still OK so put machine all back together, and it all works!
Washer & dryer now have a back log to get through.....
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back