Temperamental water taker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine only takes in water to rinse. It used to take in water to wash but now, more and more, it doesn't. I have to pour the water in manually via the draw then literally sit and watch it so that i can refill it atfer it has drained. What's that all about? Anyone got a cure for my crazy washing machine :( PLEASE! It's a Hotpoint, front loader.

Sponsored Links
If you know and love your washing machine, can you tell what sound is missing? Sounds daft but you get used to the noises it makes during its cycle.

The rinse is cold water so that bit is OK, but if it's not filling for the wash then it might well be the hot water solenoid that's not working any more. If the water doesn't come in the machine won't continue. By filling it with water you are kidding it that it has filled up and off it goes.

If you competent with electrics then you will know what to look for. If not I would call out a local repair man - you could ask for an estimate first so you know what you're in for.

If your machine is under 5 years old you are covered for parts under the Hotpoint warranty BUT BE WARNED. If it is the solenoid, that only costs around £15 but the labour could be £80 so it's worth getting the local advice first as it will probably be cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back