Latex-based wallpaper adhesive for Mylar paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought a roll of handprinted 'Mylar' wallpaper that specifies in the instructions it is best to use a latex-based adhesive that you paint onto the wall instead of the standard wallpaper paste onto the paper.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for here? is your standard B&Q likely to sell this? Is there any special preparation I need to do before applying this then hanging the paper?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would certainly line the walls first if your hanging a hand print.

Latex..thats an American term for emulsion..so id guess they are talking a water based ready mixed adhesive.

I normally use celluose paste for hand prints as the some of the modern starch based adhesives can affect the colour.

Mylar is a type of backing that doesnt require soaking...

If I were you I would contact the manufacturers of the paper and ask them to reccommend a brand of paste..

You wont get it in B&Q

Oh and unless you are very experienced id suggest getting a pro in...but make sure you stick to what the paper company say, their could be lot of pitfalls ahead...hand prints are VERY tempremental

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back