Immersion Timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got a quick (hopefully) question re Immersion Timers.

I was going to buy one from B&Q today which basically looks like a timer you use for a plug to switch itself on and off (pins etc to set the time). I thought that this was a bit basic though.

What I was wondering was if anyone could tell me if the Timegaurd ETU2000 is the same kind of product a woth more spec?

For a couple of quid extra it seems to do much more if it is indeed the same kind of timer.

I'm needing to replace my current switch as it is a booster only, so therefore when I need hot water, I have to switch on manually which isn't very convenient when you need water for first thing in the morning! My storage heating doesn't manage this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Post this in electrics uk

I think the advice you'll get, could save you a lot of money.

http://www.timeguard.com/product/ti...4-hour-electronic-immersion-heater-timeswitch

The electronic timers are very sophisticated; sadly this means they are not very easy to set.

The ones with the pins or segments any idiot can set without needing to look at the instructions or find his glasses.

You will probably not be setting it very often, with the result that each time you want to, you will have forgotten how to do it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD.

The reason I would opt for the timegaurd (if it does the same function?) is that it is a bit more aesthetically pleasing as well.

The ETU2000 has the benefit of having a boost button - allows you to switch on teh heater for an hour at any time should you run low on hot water.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back