Alpha CB28 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The DHW flow switch has failed for the second time on my boiler, actually it works intermittently, hot cold hot etc, is this a water pressure/flow problem? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Its a common problem for the switch itself to fail.

However its also common for the pin to stop pushing far enough to operate the switch.

Tony

Probably the switch. the test is to repeatedly fire the boiler run a tap stop as soon as it fires, repeat 100 times if once it fails to fire but the flow switch is heard to click, new flow switch. If there isn;t a tap where the boiler is, run tap and turn on and off via the isolation valve under the boiler. Turn off the telly, put the staffy in the garden, stop the hosuewife nattering, get the apprentice to stop fiddling with the tools and listen to what is going on.

Well at least the number one Alfa agent agrees with me as to the probably cause!

I did have to look up that special wife and I am pleased to report that "hosue" is an alternative spelling for "house".

Its confirmed at the urbandictionary.com

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back