Bathroom Help!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to tile behind my shower/bath. Currently the bottom two rows of tiles are loose/falling off as the plaster behind is wet and hence tile adhesive won't stick.

My girlfriends dad has said take off all the tiles, let the old plaster dry then use bonding on top to fill any gaps then tile directly onto this but I am wary. Should I use some marine ply or this aquapanel stuff i have heard about? The only problem with aquapanel is that you have to build a frame to attach it to, requiring me to move my bath out from the wall about 5cm which I am not sure I can do due to the pipes.

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips, could I not attach either marine ply or aquapanel directly onto the wall as long as I ensure it is all straight then tile onto this?

All comments appreciated.

PS I realise I have posted this under woodwork aswell, sorry first time on site.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back