Vokera maxin 24e water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak from the dhw manifold where it couples into the 3 way valve only when I turn on the hot water tap. I have replaced the o ring & seal at the centre of the manifold but only suceeded in having no hot water or leak!!! EVENTUALLY, When the pressure builds up, the pin at the centre of the manifold activates the plunger to activate the micro switch. HOT WATER & LEAK return!!! I replaced the Domestic hot water manifold for a new one & this cured the pressure problem but I still have the leak. It would appear that there is no seal between the manifold coupling & valve only a flat surface between the two devices & the manifold is held in place by two grub screws. Should I seal this joint or is the leak backwards from the valve as I cannot imagine the new manifold is faulty.

Sponsored Links
im a bit confused by your description.

are you saying you have changed the o-ring seal on the dhw diaphragm housing that removes completely from the rest of the valve by undoing the 2 grub screws?

what about the "boiler side" that the dhw diaphragm pin goes into to move the diverter valve and subsequently move the microswitch?

how do you know which side is leaking?...is it mains water or ch water?

easy way to find out is to remove dhw diaphragm housing and check if the diverter leaks if you push the pin in manually.

sorry if ive misunderstood your post.

There's no seal between the two - each has an O ring. The diverter part is what usually leaks. Try overhaul but you probably need new part. This sort of thing:
Baxi-105-diverter-LEAKPOINT.gif

Parts price varies between
VOKR 8533 HTG DISTRIBUTION MANIFOLD
Manufacturer's product number : 8533
Retail Price
(Excluding VAT ) £155.445

and a couple of pence for the O ring - if you can get it out and replace it like I can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back