tap pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mixer tap that I have bought for the kitchen is limited to 5 bar water pressure. How can I measure what my pressure is and what can I fit to limit the feed to to the tap to 5 bars?

Sponsored Links
you need a pressure gauge, which is quite expensive...5 bar is quite strong i think. You can't do anything inexpensive to reduce pressure so if your pressure is higher than 5 bar its best just to get another tap. I wonder what would happen to your mixer tap if the pressure was too high

it's still 12 quid tho - I wouldn't worry billyn unless you live in Atlantis

Sponsored Links
Dont think you will find an average peter.

I get about 1.5 / 2 bar round here but i have been to some propertys that can reach 2.5 in the same area.

If the water pressure to your tap is to high you need a valve in the supply pipe, so that you can reduce the it. Cheapest, ball valve about £1.25.

It's aways a good idea to put these in whenever the chance appears, as you can isolate whatever you are working on without disruption to the rest of the house.

surely if it did need it you would want a pressure reducing valve, ( example not just a ball valve which will reduce flow) but in general consider your self lucky if you get 5 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back