main service fuse!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am i right in thinking...installed new shower 9.5 kw...plus whats already on the installation

2 * lighting 6A
1 * ring main 32 A
1*immmersion 16A
1* socket oulet radial 16A
1*cooker 32A

plus new shower 40A

= 148Amps....the service fuse says on 60A????

giving way for diversity still nowhere close is it??

will manweb upgrade this for free does anybody know?

cheers ;)

Sponsored Links
How do you know what it says on the actual fuse? Have you cut the seals or are you reading the rating from the carrier? If so they aren't always accurate.

A 60A fuse will take 100A easily for 15 minutes while you are in the shower. To reduce the risk don't take a shower while cooking. :LOL:

Some DNO's will replace the service fuse if it blows for free, whether they upgrade it for free depends on the service cable supplying your property. If it is suitable for a higher rated fuse they will probably install one, if not you have the choice of paying for the cable to be replaced or sticking to what you have.

Davy

oh right, i was reading it from outside the bubble...i just presumed it was unsafe but if its fine then ok! i just wondered!

plus the cooker is gas... so even better :LOL:

Sponsored Links
1878 said:
oh right, i was reading it from outside the bubble...i just presumed it was unsafe but if its fine then ok! i just wondered!

plus the cooker is gas... so even better :LOL:
An underrated fuse is never unsafe. Its just an inconvenience when it blows ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back