Vaillant ecomax pro 18e condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me, i have drained down central heating system to repair leaking radiator. When i have refilled system boiler will not restart, fan runs for 2/3 seconds then F1 fault code comes up, in manual this code relates to ignition problem. Have done everything in manual but still no luck.

Sponsored Links
Turn off power for three min and try again.

Are you quite sure the gas supply is connected and has not been turned off under the boiler or anywhere else ???

If not then I suspect that for some reason its giving a wrong code.

Its most likely to be associated with water flow/air in the system.

If the boiler was left powered with the system drained then its possible it has tried to start up and has tripped a manual o/h stat.

Tony

Thanks for advice Tony, have tried turning off for 3 mins still no luck, i did shut boiler down before commencing work. When i advance heater timer central heating pump runs for a couple of seconds but then stops, fault code and red light then show on boiler control panel. Would trapped air in system cause boiler not to ignite? Have bled rads and there does not seem to be any trapped air in pipes. Any more advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Did you bleed the pump? Big screw in middle?

Is it making noises as if there is air in it when you listen with a screwdriver?

Is there an auto air vent? If so is the cap just loose?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Have unscrewed large chrome screw on pump and water came out, cant listen for air as the pump literally spins for 3 seconds before stopping. There is air vent above pump which is secure. Really dont know what else to try as boiler was working perfectly well this morning.

bashersmith said:
Have unscrewed large chrome screw on pump and water came out, there is air vent above pump which is secure. Really dont know what else to try as boiler was working perfectly well this morning.

What do you mean by "its secure" ????

Tony

The cap seems to be fixed correctly and not just loose. Cap is about the size of your finger end, would this be cap we are talking about?

In reply to Scatman there seems to be no reset button on this boiler, manual says to reset by switching off for 5 seconds then switching back on. Have tried this numerous times and have left for longer periods.

bashersmith said:
In reply to Scatman there seems to be no reset button on this boiler, manual says to reset by switching off for 5 seconds then switching back on. Have tried this numerous times and have left for longer periods.

Correct ;)

I thought there was a little grey button with a picture of a flame on it?

Or am i mistaken?

scatmanjohn said:
I thought there was a little grey button with a picture of a flame on it?

Or am i mistaken?

I think you are thinking of the Ecomax range and not the Ecomax Pro, but youv'e made me doubt myself now :rolleyes:

Nothing on this boiler, only one sliding switch off and on,one mode button in middle and two buttons either side all other modes are displayed on the digital display.

My mistake...thats the system boiler..looks like a Glowworm Hxi

I thought you were on about the ecomax combi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back