DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Mira electric shower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
ally12345

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote

Hi,
I currently have a 9KW Mira electric shower which been fitted in the house since I bought it (5 years) and probably a lot longer (anything up to 20 years). The water pressure is poor from the shower however the water pressure in the rest of the house is o.k. I took the front cover of the shower today and checked and cleaned the filter, which was fairly clean and has not improved the pressure. In the past I have also replaced the hose and shower head these have also had no effect on the pressure produced.
I guess I have a number of questions:-
Is there anything further I can do to improve my pressure without buying a new shower?
Will upgrading to a 10.8KW shower have much improvement?
Do I need to bite the bullet and go to a power shower if I want to experience a really powerful shower? icon_confused.gif

Thanks! : :
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
RockallPlumbingBmth

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote

for starters changing the head back to an original mira head would help because they are designed for the specific shower if you have too many holes in the head it decreases the pressure. if its a mira sport you will be paying around 30- 40 for a head. Also as you shower was fitted a long time ago you cable size will probally be 6mm but i has to be 10mm for anything more powerful than 9kw this makes no difference to the flow you get it just heats the water effeciently. also has you heat on the shower decreased when you changed the hose and head?
 Alert Moderators
ally12345

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks!
My pressure, flowrate and temperature all remained the same after I changed the hose and head.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: